Saturday, September 25, 2010

The first night of the rest of my life.

I realized there is a horribly distinct pattern in my writing. I tend to only do it whenever something shakes my core to the point of no return. To no avail, here I find myself, once again, clicking away on an empty screen; to prove my case in point. The difference this time, I think, is going to be the outcome of my core-shaking moment.

It comes at an opportune time. Weeks after reaching my 28th (gasp) year, I am faced with a decision that, to most people would seem, at first glance, more like a requirement than a decision. The decision to finally be the woman I was destined to become.
What most people don't know is that choosing to become who you actually are is a quite difficult and intricate process. A process that, despite many who are led to believe they constantly and inevitably live day in and day out, very few actually follow. The majority of people in the world follow a certain prescription of life. Because they should. Taking each day in stride, following a path that was already given to them; from their parents, lovers, husbands, teachers, wives, etc.. In fact, very few of us create our own paths. We end up falling victim to something or someone that comes along the way, and eventually convince ourselves that it is something we wanted all along.

Who really and truly has the guts to search within oneself, discover what it is that fuels them; to find the desire and passion to take them through anything and actually live it, everyday and never stop, no matter what the obstacle?

The fewest of the few, this much I know. In the next few months, I will be researching and revealing these brave souls. The fearless women who stop at nothing to be all they can be; never letting anything or anyone get in their way.

Through these brave hearts, I pray I find my place. Among the few that fought and fight the good fight; that live every day to the fullest, and leave a mark on us all. I know I was destined for greatness; and my place is among these women. Watch out world. Here I come.

1 comment:

  1. "Watch out world. Here I come." -AMEN!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! how inspiring... i feel like i should go out and do something dangerous or crazy now!! I just got a huge adrenaline rush

    ReplyDelete